Our Trusts have made considerable progress along their Net Zero journeys over the years. The challenge now is to set a long-term vision for sustainability within the Integrated Care System (ICS) and define the actions that the ICS and our stakeholders will take to achieve it.
The end goal of the NHS Green Plans is to reach Net Zero by 2045. This plan will take us through the next three years.
As the ICS develops and matures as an organisation, it will be possible to further develop our longer-term strategy and vision for 2045.
- Reduced emissions known to prevent long term conditions (LTC) such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Supports improved patient outcomes through prevention methods linked to more sustainable solutions.
- Primary care networks (PCN) led sustainability plans and delivery.
- Supporting effective sustainable working environments and housing infrastructure for our workforce.
- Listen, engage and share learning.
- Investing in the right sustainable solutions to support our future services effectively.