Our Integrated Care System
The Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care System was formalised on 1 July 2022 through the establishment of the Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Partnership and NHS Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Board.
Our Integrated Care Partnership exists to align the ambitions, purpose and strategies of health, care and wider partners across Coventry and Warwickshire to integrate care and improve the health and wellbeing of our population.
Our Integrated Care Board brings together senior leaders from a range of health and care organisations and is responsible for commissioning NHS services on behalf of the people of Coventry and Warwickshire. In consultation with local partners, the Integrated Care Board plans the delivery of services in a way that meets local health and care needs and reduces inequalities between different groups.
Our Integrated Care Strategy
Across the autumn and winter of 2022 partners in our Integrated Care Partnership worked together to produce the first Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Strategy. The strategy sets out our ambitions for what we can achieve over the next five years as an Integrated Care System. It outlines the difference that we can make by working in an integrated way and how we will work together.
Throughout the development of the strategy we spoke to local people and communities from across Coventry and Warwickshire who told us what their priorities are and what they want us to focus on. You can find out more about what people told us, and read our engagement report here. Our engagement with local people and communities was integral in helping us to identify the three priorities that are central to our Integrated Care Strategy, making sure that they are the right ones for our area.
Our Integrated Health and Care Delivery Plan
This plan – the Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Health and Care Delivery Plan – is the health and care system’s shared delivery plan for the Integrated Care Strategy. The development of the plan has been led by the Integrated Care Board and has engaged a range of partners and groups from across the system.
The plan sets out our aims and priorities for the next five years to ensure that we will:
• Meet the needs of our population;
• Respond to the priorities identified in the Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Strategy;
• Align our priorities to those of our local Health and Wellbeing Boards as reflected in the Coventry Health and Wellbeing Strategy and the Warwickshire Health and Wellbeing Strategy;
• Make tangible progress in addressing the core purposes of our wider Integrated Care System – improving outcomes in health and healthcare; tackling inequalities in outcomes, experience and access; enhancing productivity and value for money; and helping the NHS support broader social and economic development;
• Deliver the priorities in the NHS Long Term Plan, all of which resonate from a Coventry and Warwickshire population health perspective; and
• Meet the statutory requirements of our Integrated Care Board.
The plan will be refreshed annually to:
• Take account of implementation and outcomes over the previous year, including any learning to be applied as part of planning for future years;
• Reflect any changes needed due to new or emerging issues or requirements, be they related to population health, feedback from our communities and service users, or service delivery opportunities and issues.
Please use the navigation bar on the left hand side of the page to navigate around the plan.