The Medicines Optimisation team at the NHS Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Board provides specialist advice, information and training in relation to the use of medicines.
The team takes lead responsibility in all medicines management related issues to ensure patients receive safe and effective drug treatment and all medicines are handled safely.
How does the team work?
The team works as integral members of multi-professional teams and groups to ensure safe, high quality and cost-effective use of medicines to optimise outcomes for patient care.
The team provides expert, specialist advice, information and training to management, staff and patients to promote the safe, effective and high quality prescribing, administration and management of medicines.
Click here to view the Coventry Area Prescribing Committee website.
Medicines Optimisation - Care Homes Support
The Care Homes Support Team is part of the Medicines Optimisation Team. Our role is to work in conjunction with GPs caring for patients who are in a care home setting by providing support, advice and best practice guidance to Care Homes.
- Homely Remedies GP authorisation template
- Homely Remedy Guidance for Care Homes
- Self-care medication in Care Homes
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Conjunctivitis
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Dry Eye
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Dry Skin
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Ear Wax
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Haemorrhoids
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Hayfever
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Infrequent Pain (suspension)
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Infrequent Pain
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE MASTER with three sections
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Multivitamins & Minerals
- Medication Administration Record - SELF-CARE Vitamin D
- Community Pharmacy End of Life Drugs - Care Homes
- Direct Oral AntiCoagulants Resident Alert Sheet - Care Homes
- Laxative Guidelines for Care Home patients
- Parkinson's Disease - Why take medications on time - Care Homes
- UTI Guidance for Care Home staff
- Warfarin Administration record sheet for use in Care Homes
- Acute Medication Process - Care Homes
- Administration of when required (PRN) medicines in Care Homes
- Blank MAR Sheet for Care Home use
- Care Home - Medicine Room Temperature Record
- Care Home Medicines Disposal Log
- Carry Forward Medication in Care Homes
- Expiry dates for medicines in Care Homes
- Medication Incidents incl errors or near misses - Care Homes
- Medication Ordering Schedule - Care Homes with Online by Proxy
- Medication Ordering Schedule for Care Home use
- Medication when a resident is away from the Care Home procedure
- Medicines Administration Records good practice for Care Homes
- Medicines Reconciliation in Care Homes
- Missed and Delayed Doses of Medication in Care Homes
- Refrigerated medicines in Care Homes
- Refused Doses of Medication in Care Homes
- Resident Information Sheet front sheet for MAR - Care Homes
- Synchronising Medication in Care Homes Process
- Splitting Tablets in Care Homes Guidance
- The Medication Process in Care Homes
- Thickener Administration Record for Care Home use
- Valid reasons for Synchronising Prescriptions in Care Homes
- Virtual Ward Rounds - Care Homes
- Appendix 1: Mental capacity assessment for self-administration
- Appendix 2: Resident information leaflet for self-administration of medicines
- Appendix 3: Assessment for self-administration
- Appendix 4: Self-administration checklist
- Appendix 5: Resident checklist and consent form for self-administration
- Self administration of medication in Care Homes