Language Translation
Language Translation requires Additional Cookies enabled

Right to object form

Submitting this form means your health and social care records will not be made available to view through the Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Record.

This could have implications you hadn’t thought about. Please take a minute to read the information below the form before making your decision.

Please note: if you are objecting on behalf of someone else, do not use this online form. Please complete the postal form instead.

Right to Object form

What will objecting really mean?

  • In A&E, information urgently needed by doctors to treat you in an emergency could be delayed or difficult to get in time to support your care.
  • Your GP might not be able to see information from other organisations that’s important for your care.
  • With COVID-19 potentially set to be with us for the long term, treatment you might need for this could be affected in the same way.
  • Your hospital treatment could involve an overnight stay if your GP practice can’t forward your information quickly – such as when they’re closed.
  • You’ll find yourself having to repeat information every time you need care, and maybe even tests you’ve already had.
  • If you can’t remember what medication you’re taking you might be given some that reacts with it because your records aren’t available quickly to check.
  • The help you need from your social worker might take longer as they spend time chasing other professionals for important information.
  • Your health and social care could feel disjointed as the professionals supporting you won’t be able to see the care each is providing.



If you still want to object, please complete the information in the form above, tick the boxes below to show you agree with the statements, and press the ‘I wish to object’ button.

If you prefer, you can use a form that you can post or email to us instead. Details of how to do this are on the form itself.

If you need help, you can email us or call us on 0345 6461163.

Some things to note

We’ll always respect your choice and restrict access to your health and social care information by professionals in our partner organisations where you’ve made use of your right to object. However, to carry out your wishes, we may need to keep some information such as your name, date of birth and NHS number. 

This will ensure all partner organisations know about your decision to object so you don’t have to notify all the different organisations across Coventry and Warwickshire who might be involved in your care. Or those who might need to give you care if required in Birmingham and Solihull, or Herefordshire and Worcestershire. Please note, for organisations in areas other than Coventry and Warwickshire, Birmingham and Solihull, or Herefordshire and Worcestershire, you will need to contact them directly to find out how you can object.

You won’t be able to choose which services to object to. Objecting will mean each organisation that gives you care will only see electronic information recorded on its own system.

Objecting for someone else

If you are objecting on behalf of someone else, do not use the online form. Please complete the postal form instead.

If you change your mind

If you object by using either this online form or the postal/email version mentioned above, you can change your mind at any time. You can reverse your decision by completing this form. You’ll find details of how to send it to us on the form itself.

How we use your information

The information you submit through our forms is held securely. We will use it only to process your request. For more details on how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.